Never too much........

I'm sure most of us started off the year with a shopping list of requests that we presented to the Lord. Different needs and wants, things that mean whole lot to us. I had my own list of the things that I wanted the Lord to do for me. I am not even going to lie...God has been really good. So I am gradually ticking off most of the requests on the list. God is really turning things around. 
Then I had this thought. I had been praying for my family(hubby and kids) a lot more had I had been praying for myself. I thanked the Lord for taking care of the other issues, however I would like to be a bit selfish and pray for myself a lot more, hoping he would answer in his own great way. Suddenly, I felt I was being greedy and insatiable. Here I was asking God for more, with all the great things he had already done, How selfish of me. 
I was in church, one Sunday and this family came to specially thank God for his faithfulness in their lives. The man of the house, was giving his testimony and he said that the Lord had answered 98 per cent of the things he had requested from the Lord in prayer. I looked up sharply, (98 percent and he's still believing that the Lord will do more!).
Hah! Onyinye! What's wrong with me? Did the Lord complain to me that he was tired of hearing my prayers?  I was beginning to feel like his ears must hurt from having to hear my petitions all the time. Who told me that the Almighty needed a break? 
My own earthly parents still worry about me, even though I am all grown up with a family of my own. What about my own kids, they never stop asking me for stuff, even when its bedtime....if my first son can't get me to give him any treats then he would ask for a kiss and I will gladly oblige him. Then, What about our heavenly father whose love endures forever? The Bible says "In everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God.”​—Philippians 4:5. I highlighted the word "everything"  , that means nothing should be kept back, we should always feel free to approach the throne of grace and present everything to him. Nothing is ever too much.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 is a short and straight to the point verse...It says "Pray Constantly". That is to say, that the Lord is not tired of hearing what we have to say to him.
Jesus said in  Matthew 7:7 'Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you”. So Who am I not to ask, seek or knock... after all if Jesus said so, then its an instruction. James 4:2 goes on to say “ You do not have, because you do not ask”. In other words, I do not have, I am not free, I am not healed or I am not saved because I kept my mouth shut. 
So next time you go into that inner room to pray, exhaust everything, say it like you mean it, the Lord is listening with so much love in his heart.

Comments

Popular Posts