Not too early...

So, usually I pray with my kids at night, we sing a few songs and pray, but no Bible readings. Even though I had bought a book of bible stories for them.
The first wise man was quite fascinated by the pictures and illustrations, but i thought that was it. They wouldn't really understand the stories behind the pictures so I thought I would just have to wait till they were a bit older.
However, I decide to start by reading and explaining the creation story of Genesis to them. To my surprise, my eldest enjoyed it so much, I thought explaining the almighty nature of God would be too much for his little mind, but he's 4 going on 5, and He's at the superhero phase, so he feels God is a pretty awesome superhero.😁.
I began to wonder why i hadn't thought of reading the Bible with them before. The second and third wise men don't get it yet, but I know they will catch up soon.
We read the 10 plagues of Egypt and my eldest thought the idea of frogs jumping all over the place was pretty cool 😩...
So it is never too early to share the word of God with the kids, just get an age appropriate Bible for them with lots of pictures to grab their attention. At least, I am happy that my son knows that he gas a pretty awesome God who can do amazing stuff. He now insists on a Bible story every night, its good for me too, because I get to see God through a child's eyes, because my son asks a whole lot of questions, some that i have to think really hard to be able to answer appropriately.
We live in a viral world now, so our kids may get to hear and learn a lot of things, it is what we teach them at home that helps them to sift the good from the bad. It is never too early to teach the children about the Lord, you may think they won't understand, but you will be surprised at how much they grasp...sometimes, it may feel like you are actually talking to yourself, but keep at it. Ask questions, and make them understand that it isn't about just the story, but that there is
 a lesson to be learnt.
2nd Timothy 3:14,15 says  But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,  and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
Timothy had learnt from infancy from his mum Eunice and grandma Lois, and these lessons had led him till his apostleship with Paul.
Let us not also forget Proverbs 22:6, Train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows, he will not depart from it.


God's favour and love!!!!

Comments

  1. So awesome that you are starting your kids young. Being familiar with the Bible is life-changing, even for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, I didn't reply on time, technical issues, not just life changing, I also found out that it was fun for them as well...thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts