Studying The Virtuous Woman (1)

So I decided to kick off with a look at one of the most popular passages in the Bible. Psalm 31 looks at the virtuous woman, I call her the Super Woman, because she has it all together. I even wonder if she is some sort fictitious creature, because she`s near perfect. Whenever I read the passage, i use it to evaluate myself, and to be very honest, I fall short woefully.
However instead of concentrating on my woes, I have decided to try as much as possible to follow the example of this woman. It won't be easy of course but I believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13).
I have decided to study this woman a little bit at a time, So let us look at the first 3 verses.

Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
12 She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.


Proverbs 31: 10-12 (NKJV)

Verse 10:, " Who can find a virtuous wife for her worth is far above rubies. We all know that a ruby is a precious stone, and for a stone to be qualified as precious, that means its rare and therefore very valuable. So what does it mean for a woman to be far above the worth of rubies? Definitely, she cannot be like any other woman walking the streets. She is difficult to find, she is of a very strong character.  Her beauty is not just skin deep, her inner beauty resonates with you when you interact with her, She is certainly one of a kind.

Verse 11: "The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain". If she is married, her husband will trust her completely, because she gives him no reason to think otherwise. When we talk about trust, we may tend to concentrate on sexual fidelity, but we trust involves other facets of the marriage. The husband should be able to trust his wife with finances in other words, he trusts her to make sound financial decisions and not be wasteful. He should also be able to trust her to care for the children and the home. He knows that even in his absence, she can hold the fort. The second part says he will have no lack of gain. Trusting his wife with his resources and other effects should be profitable to him, Like in the parable of the talents, she will be found faithful in both little and large things. She is of great benefit to the family and only adds value. She is so resourceful that her efforts always yield profit.

Verse 12:She does him good and not evil, All the days of her life.
She is good to her husband everyday of her life, in good times and in bad times; sickness or health, in a boom or recession. Her loyalty is not dependent on the prevailing circumstances. Her goodness is consistent, Even when her husband does not deserve it. She only wants the best for him.


Just reading through what i have written and I have written...I am rolling my eyes really hard and wondering what my husband is supposed to bring to the table. Whoever wrote Proverbs 31 must be really sexist...lol. Anyway God has given us this blueprint and he is the author of marriage, so he certainly knows how to make it work. So I guess, we will have to work on ourselves first and leave our husbands to God


Grace and Love.


Please communicate your thoughts in the comments, would love to hear what you have to say.

Comments

Popular Posts