Worth more than many sparrows

So, Something happened today....Not the sort of thing I would wish for but it did happen. It rained this morning so, Don't you just hate it when it rains on a weekday morning? I know, I know Rain is a blessing, but I would feel more blessed if I was back home all warm and snug with my babies.
Well, I got to the junction where I usually join the vehicle that takes us to work, the floor was quite slippery, then it happened I slipped and fell....my butt hit the tar so hard, i thought my pelvic bone was history. The ground was till wet, so my clothes were damp, thank goodness, I was wearing black trousers.
A nice lady came and helped me up while some other onlookers were saying sorry  to me. I even looked around to see if anybody would laugh☺. I was a bit embarrassed though. I even asked the Lord why he would let me fall this way, at a crowded junction with lots of people. Well, I got up, leaned my body, thanked the nice lady and kept moving.
However this got me thinking, once upon a time, I would have been mortified but I thought about it a bit and I felt like the Lord was trying to tell me something about falling.
One of my favorite songs in the world is by Civilla D. Martin, It goes thus:


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,

Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

  • Refrain:
    I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
    For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me
  • The tune is so beautiful and it ministers to me in a great way, talking about sparrows the Bible says in Matthew 10:29  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care, even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
  • Not one sparrow will fall to the ground outside the Father's care, and these sparrows are sold two for a penny...so what about me? "ME" who has been fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of the Almighty. The Lord saw me fall this morning, and I am sure he lifted me back up. I could have hurt myself badly, but I got up sustaining just a bruised ego.
  • I have had to worry about certain things lately, but the Lord's eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me. 
  • "Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26)
  • If the Lord cares about these little creatures and is concerned about their well-being, as the songwriter asks "Why should I be discouraged?"
  • So even though my back hurts a little from my fall, and I am still worried about some little things
  • I will sing because I'm happy, I will sing because I am free...His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me. 
  • God's Grace and Love!!!!
  • Person Holding Brown Chick during Daytime

Comments

Popular Posts